The basic premise of the MSG150
- We will eat at all establishments who's primary source of income is food. This excludes coffee shops, total dive bars, and scary marts, but everything else is on the list.
- We will order typical lunch fare for each restaurant. We will try and eat the same sorts of things their regular lunch patrons appear to be eating.
- If we go to a restaurant twice, we will only write a review once (but reserve the right to re-review).
- We will eat at restaurants in a predetermined order. However, if the next restaurant cannot accommodate us when we show up, we will skip it for that day and come back to it on the next outing.
- All bribes must be divisible three ways.
- No jokes about being hungry again at 3 pm, unless you are offering to buy snacks.
- We make the rules so we can change the rules.
Designated Lunch ZoneWe've decided on the 16 block area defined as the area between:
- Jackson St and Dearborn St
- 5th Ave and 8th Ave
RatingsEach of us will write up some comments about each spot and provide a rating. The rating scale is a five point scale:
- 1 chopstick: dog food! - I'd rather eat my arm.
- 2 chopsticks: not so good - Not likely to go back.
- 3 chopsticks: average - Sure, if everyone's going I'll go along.
- 4 chopsticks: good - These guys are on to something. I'll be back.
- 5 chopsticks: great - Wow! A top 10 lunch spot.
*Our apologies to the National MS Society. It's a great organization, but does a lousy five spice chicken.
3/2/08 Updated rules
3/2/08 Reformatted all pots and cleaned up labels